If you are dealing with chronic pain and yearn for a safe and effective treatment that is more natural, doesn’t involve invasive surgery, and is free of any medicinal side effects, there is another option to conventional medicine.
Often referred to as integrative therapies, alternative medicine consists of a wide range of healing practices that go beyond the limitations of traditional pharmaceutical or surgical treatments.
There are many innovative alternative medicine treatments and procedures that treat everything from chronic neck, back to joint pain and soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains, arthritis, and more. These therapies can help you avoid surgery and dependence on habit-forming painkillers and immune-compromising steroids, sparing you from the risk of complications and side effects.
Let’s take a closer look at these alternative medicine solutions.
A Natural Approach to Pain Management
Among the cutting-edge alternative medicine therapies available at NIVA Health are:
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) – Also known as acoustic sound wave therapy, this non-surgical and painless treatment uses low and high-frequency sound waves to cause microtrauma to the tissue under your skin, which stimulates your body’s natural healing process in an affected area. ESWT was originally used to break up kidney stones but is now also used to promote tissue repair and regrowth. In the process, ESWT can alleviate pain associated with conditions, such as Achilles tendon injuries, erectile dysfunction, golfer’s elbow, ligament injuries, plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis, tennis elbow, and trigger finger.
- GAINSWave® – This type of noninvasive and painless sound wave therapy can reverse the effects of erectile dysfunction (ED), improving one’s sexual performance without the use of medication or surgery. It is available for men of any age and can be performed in the convenience and privacy of a NIVA Health office.
- Neuropathy Therapy – With NIVA’s therapeutic option, chronic pain associated with peripheral neuropathy and other forms of chronic musculoskeletal pain can be treated without surgery or medication. NIVA’s drug-free and nonsurgical Neuropathy Program treats chronic pain associated with peripheral neuropathy and other forms of chronic musculoskeletal pain by using therapeutic energy waves that stimulate the body on a cellular level. This FDA-cleared approach optimizes energy levels between your cells, thereby healing injured tissues and relieving your pain with highly effective and proven results.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)Therapy – PRP therapy is designed to harness the healing power of growth factor proteins contained within the platelets in your blood. When delivered in concentrated amounts to an injured area, PRP supercharges your body’s natural healing response which enables you to heal faster and more completely than usual. The simple procedure involves drawing a sample of blood which is then spun in a centrifuge to separate the growth-factor-rich platelets from the rest of the cells in your blood. The concentrated quantity of platelets is then injected at the site of your injury, and the growth factors signal your body to commence healing in that area.PRP therapy is especially effective in treating such soft tissue injuries and conditions as ACL tears, carpal tunnel syndrome, golfer’s elbow, iliotibial (IT) band syndrome, pitcher’s elbow, plantar fasciitis, post-surgical recovery assistance, shin splints, sprains and strains, tendonitis, and tennis elbow.
- Trigger Point Therapy –Trigger Point is an injectable procedure that treats painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points or knots that form when muscles do not relax. Often, the trigger points can be felt beneath the skin and may irritate the nerves that surround them, causing pain that is felt in another part of the body. The goal of Trigger Point Therapy is to help relieve your aching muscles and pain and help your body heal the underlying condition causing the pain.
Alternative Medicine at NIVA Health
NIVA Health delivers the finest natural, drug-free, and patient-focused care for numerous acute and chronic health conditions. We teach patients how to prevent disease and live well with a minimum of invasive medical interventions.
Whether you’re looking for ESWT therapy, red light therapy, neuropathy treatment near you, or PRP therapy near you, NIVA Health can help. To find out more about our services, check which of our eight locations is nearest you. Or, you may complete our appointment request form. Your first consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to get the care you deserve today!