Managing chronic pain is one of today’s most challenging health issues. About 25 percent of American adults struggle with long-lasting pain and many are frustrated with ineffective results from traditional treatments. Let’s look at ways to manage pain in the most natural way possible and to obtain the relief you deserve.
What Is Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain is with you wherever you go and whatever you do. It may be frequent headaches or stabbing, shooting nerve pain. Maybe you suffer with intense joint pain after a fall or car crash. Cancer and cancer treatment is known for its powerful, ongoing pain, too.
In short, chronic pain–that which lasts three to four weeks or longer– changes how you feel. It can cause depression, anxiety, and mood swings. In addition, it can interfere with your day-to-day activities–such as family obligations and your job–making them difficult to impossible to carry out.
Many pain remedies, such as over the counter analgesics, do little to relieve the chronic pain of migraine headaches or diabetic neuropathy. It may feel like the pain has no end in sight. However, there are ways to effectively manage chronic pain.
Can Lifestyle Changes Help Reduce Chronic Pain?
Yes, they can help manage chronic pain.Lifestyle changes that can help include:
- Dietary modifications (including anti-inflammatory foods, vitamins, and supplements)
- Regular light aerobic exercise
- Reducing stress
- Improving sleep hygiene
All of these strategies reduce chronic pain and improve the side effects of anxiety and depression. However, sometimes, these changes simply are not enough.
Do I Have to Resort to Heavy Pain Medications?
Pain medications, such as oral opioids, may help relieve pain temporarily. They cannot, however, work for the long-term, and their addictive qualities make them poor long-term treatment choices.
What Do Natural Pain Relief Solutions Look Like?
At NIVA Health, we deliver customized pain management strategies which reduce pain and help people regain their functionality. We help people avoid surgery and live their best possible lives.
Our solutions include stand-alone or combinations of the following:
- PRP therapy– injections of concentrated platelets to speed healing, decrease painful inflammation and promote growth of healthy tissue
- Viscosupplementation – injections of hyaluronic acid which improve the natural cushioning and smooth range of motion of weight- bearing joints, such as the knees
- Acoustic sound wave therapy–in-office applications of low frequency sound energy to speed up repair of damaged tissues
- Trigger point therapy – injections of anesthetic or saline into painful, knotted muscle groups, particularly in the back
- FDA-cleared therapeutic energy waves to reduce neuropathy pain
Chronic Pain Management at NIVA Health
Chronic pain can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to deal with it alone. At NIVA Health, our pain management experts work tirelessly to provide patients with non-surgical, drug-free ways to manage pain and improve quality of life and overall wellness. We offer PRP therapy near you, viscosupplementation therapy near you, and many more therapies.
For your convenience, we have 8 locations.We offer chronic pain management in Melbourne, FL, as well as many of our other locations. Start feeling better today by calling us at (866) 877-5872 to find the NIVA Health location nearest you. You can also request a visit by completing our appointment request form. Let us help you feel your very best!