Would you like to manage pain and inflammation without surgery or heavy medications? Our providers agree that the most natural, least invasive pain management methods–particularly for inflammatory conditions–yield the best results. A prime example is acoustic sound wave therapy.
Let’s look at what it is, how it could benefit your health, and where you can go for this therapy in Melbourne, FL.
What is Acoustic Sound Wave Therapy?
One of the easiest and most effective treatments for musculoskeletal injuries and conditions and their associated inflammation, acoustic sound wave therapy sends short and long-frequency sound waves to an area of injury. Fast–well under an hour–and comfortable, this innovative therapy features no recovery time and works quickly within a few in-office treatments.
Also called extracorporeal sound wave therapy, or ESWT, acoustic sound wave therapy is probably best known for its urological applications. Urinary tract specialists use ESWT to harmlessly and effectively break up large kidney and bladder stones, making them easy for the patient to eliminate without complex surgical procedures and long recovery times.
In orthopedic applications, the provider uses a handheld instrument to deliver bursts of sound waves to areas of injury, inflammation, pain, and even deformity. The sound waves break up scar tissue and areas of thickening, which cause poor function, pain, and swelling. Less scar tissue means improved blood circulation, healing, motion, and healthy tissue regrowth.
Benefits of Acoustic Sound Wave Therapy
There are numerous benefits of acoustic sound wave therapy. In fact, the benefits are so apparent to both healthcare providers and patients alike that this treatment modality continues to gain popularity and widen its application.
- Versatility (treats erectile dysfunction, Achilles tendonitis, knee arthritis, trigger finger, golfer’s and tennis elbow, rotator cuff injuries in the shoulder, plantar fasciitis in the arch of the foot, and more)
- Improved microvascularization (blood flow and blood vessel growth)
- Short treatment time (just minutes)
- No need for cutting, anesthesia, sutures, or pain medications
- Done right in the office with no special preparation or follow-up care at home
- No down-time (return to your normal activities right away)
- Relief of long-standing, chronic pain
- Stimulation of youthful, elastic collagen
- Can be combined with other kinds of orthopedic care, such as physical therapy
Once you are medically cleared for acoustic sound wave treatments, you can begin right away and complete your treatment plan relatively quickly. Results last indefinitely–even permanently–depending on your specific health condition.
Acoustic Sound Wave Therapy at NIVA Health
Don’t let your pain come in the way of enjoying your life, and seek treatment at NIVA Health. Our healthcare providers deliver a whole host of non-surgical treatments to alleviate the pain, tissue damage, and inflammation associated with many orthopedic injuries and conditions. The treatment modalities our providers offer can also improve your health and wellness in the most natural way.
To make an appointment, call us today at (321) 323-3618 or fill out our convenient online appointment request form.