You may think of IV (intravenous) therapy as something that’s only done in a hospital. However, IV infusion therapy is a new type of intravenous treatment that can be done in the doctor’s office for conditions other than severe medical issues – such as treating fatigue, mild dehydration, skin health, and vitamin and mineral supplementation.
IV infusions can be a beneficial treatment if you want to boost your immune system, combat inflammation, and help fight exhaustion, among other benefits. So, if you are considering IV therapy, you may be wondering how it works.
Let’s talk about how IV therapy works, and where you can go to conveniently get an evaluation and an infusion of IV therapy to help you feel great.
How IV Therapy Works
Like traditional medical infusion therapy, IV therapy is administered through a small catheter that is inserted into a vein in your arm. The catheter is attached to a bag of IV fluid via a flexible tube, and the rate at which the fluid is infused into your vein is carefully controlled with the help of an electronic pump.
In IV therapy, normal saline solution containing your desired minerals enters your bloodstream directly (unlike when taking a pill, where nutrients must first get absorbed and metabolized by the digestive system before entering the bloodstream), so that your body can use them immediately and efficiently.
The entire process will take anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes, and you will notice results in almost no time. During the infusion, you are advised not to move your infusion site too much. You are also monitored for any signs of swelling and redness at the catheter site during therapy.
IV Therapy in Jacksonville, Florida, and at a Location Near You
Here at NIVA Health, we offer IV infusion therapy to support your health needs right here in the comfort of our office. We have 11 different types of infusions and various options of your choice according to your desires and needs.
Nutrients from which you can make your desired selection include:
- B-12 – Helps prevent anemia by helping your body produce red blood cells, and improves hair, skin, and nail health
- B-complex – Promotes cell health, prevents infections, supports your energy levels, improves brain function
- Biotin – Improves hair, nail, and skin health, manages blood sugar levels, and converts food into energy
- L-carnitine – Boosts metabolism, turns fat into energy, prevents muscle fatigue
- Magnesium – Boosts exercise performance, acts as an anti-inflammatory, helps prevent migraines, fights depression
- Selenium – An antioxidant that boosts immune and thyroid health, and protects against heart disease
- Taurine – Promotes metabolism, may lower blood pressure, and replaces aging and damaged brain cells
- Toradol – Reduces pain and swelling
- Vitamin C – Enhances immune function, repairs body tissues, and helps with the absorption of iron
- Zinc – Helps with the growth and maintenance of the body, wound healing, thyroid function, and blood clotting
- Zofran – Eases nausea and vomiting
If you are interested in any of the abovementioned nutrients or want to know more about what other IV infusions we offer, call our staff today at your local NIVA Health office, or request an appointment now via our simple online form. We look forward to helping you feel healthier!