Intravenous (IV) therapy, also known as infusion therapy, is a medical technique that involves administering nutrients, hydration, or medication directly into the bloodstream via an IV catheter. It is a relatively painless and quick outpatient procedure that has gained traction recently for its numerous benefits.
If you’ve heard about IV therapy, and want to find out more about how it will benefit your health, the information below will give you a better understanding.
The Benefits of IV Therapy
Depending on the type of medication or nutrient administered during the therapy, you can expect to experience the following benefits:
- Improved immune system function;
- Healthy and younger-looking skin;
- Supercharged energy levels;
- Stress relief; and
- Better joint health.
Another significant advantage of intravenous delivery is that it bypasses your digestive tract, which normally absorbs and dilutes substances that are taken orally. The ingredients in an IV drip flow directly into your bloodstream, thus their increased potency.
Depending on how fast your body reacts to the substance, you may begin to feel its effects right during the procedure, although it can often take days or weeks for you to fully reap its beneficial effects.
Common Ingredients Used in IV Therapy
The following are the medications or nutrients commonly used in IV therapies:
- Vitamin B12 – keeps your blood and nerve cells healthy and prevents anemia by promoting red blood cell production.
- Biotin – helps manage blood sugar levels as well as improves the health of your hair, skin, and nails.
- L-Carnitine –boosts your metabolism, converts fat into energy, enhances recovery, and helps to prevent muscle fatigue.
- Magnesium – not only prevents migraines and combats depression, but it has also shown to lower blood pressure and improve exercise performance.
- Selenium –provides protection against heart disease and boosts your immune system and thyroid health.
- Taurine – has potential antiaging effects; promotes healthy metabolism, improves exercise performance, and lowers blood pressure.
- Toradol – This nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) helps alleviate postoperative and swelling.
- Vitamin C – This nutrient is vital to growth and the development and repair of body tissues, Vitamin C is an immune booster that also aids in the formation of collagen and the absorption of iron.
- Zinc – This essential trace element also boosts the immune system and supports wound healing, blood clotting, and thyroid function.
- Zofran – Particularly useful following surgery or drug treatments, Zofran eases nausea and vomiting.
IV Therapy at NIVA Health
At NIVA Health, we have 11 different types of IV infusions for you to choose from at our drip bar, all aimed at helping you improve your overall health and wellness.
To learn more about our IV therapy, particularly if it is right for you, call us today at our office near you. You may also request an appointment using this form, or sign up for a complimentary consultation to get started.